Healthy J?

I am on my way to becoming Healthy J. I am 25 years old and unhealthy. I am determined to change my lifestyle. I will endure a greater amount of physical activity on a daily basis. Dietary needs will be met but not in excess. I enjoy having a good time and entertaining friends and this lifestyle change will not change that. I will learn to enjoy the sweet joys of life and become a healthy individual.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Benefits Abound

Well, so much for the socializing comment the other day.  I am just a nice person and got stuck at the end of the pool talking to a stranger.  I ended up using the excuse that I had somewhere to be and needed to get finished up with my swim.  All I could do was smile and try to refrain from laughing since I knew that I was eating my words because of the comment the day before.

I was able to swim a 2000 meter combination swim on Thursday.  I went back and did a 1200 swim on Saturday because I was pinched for time and the water was really, really warm.  I don't like swimming in water when it is that warm.  I can perform better and have improved endurance when the temperature is cooler.  I took off yesterday because I had some meetings.  I plan to start back in my routine tomorrow and swim a minimum of 2000 for my remaining trips this week.

Since I have been swimming I have experienced an increase in physical and mental energy.  I already feel better and I have only been at this for about a week and a half.  I am a sucker for an independent sport.  Knowing that I am responsible for me is great.  The responsibility of other's performances is a frustrating challenge for me.  Sometimes I step up to that challenge in other aspects of my life, but usually with this aspect.

Enjoy your week!  I am looking forward to a week of continued challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment