Healthy J?

I am on my way to becoming Healthy J. I am 25 years old and unhealthy. I am determined to change my lifestyle. I will endure a greater amount of physical activity on a daily basis. Dietary needs will be met but not in excess. I enjoy having a good time and entertaining friends and this lifestyle change will not change that. I will learn to enjoy the sweet joys of life and become a healthy individual.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting Back on Track

Well, so much for planning ahead.  I did a 2000 meter swim on Friday morning and an 1800 meter swim and 10 minutes of treading water on Monday morning.  I think that I prefer to swim in the mornings.  The way that the pool is set up is better for morning swim.  There is a solid wall on the East side of the pool and the West side is all windows.  This isn't bad if you are just leisurely going for a swim.  I don't like the sun in my eyes when I am doing laps though.  Morning swims are also nice because it is dark when I get there and the sun is up when I leave.  The water isn't too warm in the mornings either.

When I go for a morning swim I seem to be more alert throughout the day and just more productive in general. If that is what gets me going then I am up for the challenge of swimming only in the mornings.  This week I am going to try to stick to the morning swims every other day.  That means that tomorrow I will be hitting the water again.  Maybe I will continue to have this energy and be more efficient during my daily activities.  Since my mom is on a vacation from work this week and next week I am going to see if I can steal her away in the mornings and have her go along with me.  She likes the pool and I think that she will enjoy being able to get in and relax a little.  She is a morning person and I am sure that she will enjoy the time in the water.

I have been slacking on the whole eating healthy part of my lifestyle.  This week I am going to work on that a little better.  Tonight we are eating deer steak and veggies for dinner.  For the remainder of the week I intend to kick it up a notch and eat breakfast and a light and healthy lunch.  Maybe I will improve.  I have errands and favors for others that must be completed throughout the remainder of the week and I might not get a chance to post any updates until the weekend.  Have a great week and maybe I can squeeze in a few short posts in between the various meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment