Healthy J?

I am on my way to becoming Healthy J. I am 25 years old and unhealthy. I am determined to change my lifestyle. I will endure a greater amount of physical activity on a daily basis. Dietary needs will be met but not in excess. I enjoy having a good time and entertaining friends and this lifestyle change will not change that. I will learn to enjoy the sweet joys of life and become a healthy individual.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sticking with a Plan

It is so important to stick with a plan.  I went for a swim, but not until this evening.  I really must swim 3 or more times a week.  This is just a requirement for me.  I get out of whack if I don't go that much.  I just need routine in all aspects in my life right now.

Today I got my butt handed to me by the chick in the next lane.  I will not ever judge another swimmer by their appearance.  She dove in the water from the side of the pool and started swimming freestyle.  She did not stop swimming at all while I was in the pool.  She had a descent speed and did a flip-turn at each end of the pool.  This wasn't an impressive timed turn or even really correct, but it was a turn.  I finally just stopped and watched her.  Now I can swim my whole routine without stopping if I want to, but I cheat.  I swim 100 free, 50 back, 50 breast, and then swap it up and do whatever feels right for the last 100.  I am pretty proud of a 300 without stopping at this point.  Really I am stopping though.  I don' have to worry about my breathing and my speed slows on the other strokes.  She had some crazy amazing endurance for her size and shape.  I was very impressed.  Not to judge or anything at all.  She is the best swimmer that I have ever seen in that pool since I started back.  Most people don't have a clue what they are doing and the others are senior citizens that are as slow as molasses compared to her.  She did have a guy with her.  I don't know if he was a friend, spouse, or son to her.  I had on my goggles when  they came in and didn't stop to really figure out the relationship.

The water did feel great today.  It was nice a cool!  I did cut it short today and only did 1200 meters today.  I really, really have to start going every other day so that I can get in a habit and start actually improving instead of just sticking in the muck.  Tomorrow I would really like to get in another swim, but I am planning on waiting till Friday.  I like the every other day stuff.  I also have a killer headache and have absolutely no idea why.  Can you get a headache from embarrassment?

No comments:

Post a Comment