Healthy J?

I am on my way to becoming Healthy J. I am 25 years old and unhealthy. I am determined to change my lifestyle. I will endure a greater amount of physical activity on a daily basis. Dietary needs will be met but not in excess. I enjoy having a good time and entertaining friends and this lifestyle change will not change that. I will learn to enjoy the sweet joys of life and become a healthy individual.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Holy Cow!

So I was in the pool again on Wednesday the 14th.  I was having a good swim and had finished up the 1800 and wasn't really wanting to do the last 200 but felt a little ambitious and decided to try something that I hadn't done in years, literally years.  I attempted to swim butterfly!  I only made it to the other end of the pool (25 meters) and didn't think that there was any way that I was even going to make it that far.  My core is all mush and I didn't have the upper body strength to get me up and out of the water.  My legs were working but my arms were a little slow.  Needless to say I did not attempt to swim a 25 butterfly on the way back down the pool.  I settled for a very slow breaststroke so that I could breathe really easily.  When I got to the end I decided to take it easy and just hang out for a few minutes before dragging myself out of the pool.  The guard and myself were the only two souls in the entire pool area and that is the only reason that I even attempted the feat.  The feat that defeated me.

I intended to go back on Friday morning but there were thunderstorms expected and I didn't want to make the trip just to drive back after a few minutes of swimming when the storm hit.  I went out of town this weekend to visit my mother-in-law and didn't return until late Sunday evening.  I recovered from a long weekend on Monday and braved the water again today.  It was tough after being out for nearly an entire week.  This morning wasn't too very bad.  The pool was uber hot and that was a bummer.  I trudged through though.  I even went all out and did a full 2000 today.  It felt great to be in the water, even if it was 89F.

On my trip this weekend to see the in-laws I did pick up a few things for the pool.  I got a new swim cap, mine ripped a perfect half circle out above my right ear.  I also got some earplugs that suck and hurt my ears.  My favorite purchase was new goggles.  The ones that I was using were found in a collection of spare lost goggles that my sister collected as a swim coach.  Kids would either get new ones or just leave their goggles and she started a collection.  These came in quite handy when a little one would show up to practice just to realize that they had left their goggles in the car or at home.  You can imagine how scratched up and tattered these goggles were.  They did serve their purpose, but they were either uncomfortable or nearly impossible to see out of.  I am very appreciative of my new eyes.

I am seriously thinking about getting up in the morning and going for an awesome swim...  It is nearly 1:30AM here so I am not totally convinced this will happen.  I will hold out hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment